|2017 Arts Festival - THE Weekend to Celebrate Canada 150!
Volunteers are eagerly preparing for our 7th Annual Mountain View Arts Festival! It is Mountain View County's largest festival of its kind. Art lovers see Didsbury come alive with all that is arts and culture in our region, including dancers, storytellers, musicians and songwriters, handicrafts, painters, potters, carvers ... you name it ... if it's artsy, it was here!
Since 2011, festival visitors have been treated to an incredible showcase of the arts and culture that is found in Central Alberta ... specifically Didsbury and Mountain View County!
Something for Everyone - 5 Different Venues!
The fun starts at our Opening Reception on Friday night when we will be saluting Canada's Sesquicentennial ... a lead-in to a weekend full of arts and culture and our heritage. Please note: Further information on activities and entertainers will be posted as the spring progresses.
- Didsbury Museum - 4th Annual Scarecrows on Parade Competition, rope making, Make Your Own Souvenirs, plus, a very special exhibit. Check back for details.
- Didsbury Library - The "Hub of our Community", showcasing the Literary Arts. Follow your own roots with ancestry.ca. An exciting time as they spend the bulk of this year building a new Library!
- Didsbury Train Station - The Bergthal Mennonite Quilting Bee returns in 2017! You even have a chance to learn how to quilt!
- Elks Hall Downtown - Something New - We're bringing the music to the people! Musical and Stage Entertainment will fill the Hall, so ALL the daytime fun is in downtown Didsbury!
- Saturday night Concert - We took a couple of years hiatus on an evening concert, but this year it comes back by popular demand! Contracts are currently being signed, but we'll make the big announcements soon. Please check back!
- And More!
- "Make Your Own Souvenirs"
- Dress-up from our Tickle Trunk
- Can you find "Art the Bear"?
- Downtown Didsbury - Our 4th Annual Heritage Building Stroll ... plus Chalk Art creations throughout the downtown core.
- Pick up your Festival Passport at any of our venues and "get it punched" for a chance to win!
|Mtn View Arts Festival Countdown
|2017 Arts Festival in Didsbury
Sept 9 & 10, 2017
Applications for Performers
Main Stage | Museum
OPENING IN FEBRUARY
Registrations Open for Quilters
OPENING LATER THIS SPRING
Heard at past festivals:
"Very well done and presented with great hospitality! The music, food, the sound system, and the Metis dancers, great history. Excellent! Good work."
"Had a really great time! Everyone was super friendly and crazy awesome! Cannot wait to come back next year."
"It was amazing ... be warned though ... you may need to drag your children out at closing time. Our kids had an absolute blast and didn't want to leave."
2016 Festival Trivia
Volunteer Hours: 1,725+
What is a Visual Artist?
Those who paint, carve, sculpt, take photos,
craftsmen who work with pottery, stained glass,
wood, jewellery, or metal, clothing designers, photojournalists, those who design clothes,
create digital images, sketch caricatures
& illustrations, design floral arrangements.
And We've Got All of Them!
Special Thanks to our
PLEASE CHECK BACK